This information has been sent to Eddie Watts for the information of those of us who would like to get to Ilminster rather more rapidly than we have been doing over the past months.
HIGHWAY UPDATE B3168 THE BEACON – ILMINSTER
I am pleased to inform you that the period of on-site investigations has been completed, and the remediation design proposal approved. In summary, the following major woks are required, at two locations, prior to the re-opening of the B3168, The Beacon.
Carriageway failure site 1;
- Installation of a new highway drainage system, and associated gullies, over a length of approximately 300m.
- Full depth reconstruction of approximately 750m2 of existing carriageway
- Removal and reinstatement of approximately 100 m of kerb.
- Full depth reconstruction of approximately 150m2 of existing footway.
Carriageway failure site 2;
- Full depth reconstruction of approximately 200m2 of existing carriageway.
- Removal and reinstatement of approximately 75 m of kerb.
- Full depth reconstruction of approximately 105m2 of existing footway.
We have engaged our service provider to mobilise and be on site a quickly as possible. That said, I am sure you can appreciate that there are extensive works required on site, and they will take a considerable period of time to be completed.. However, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that every effort is being madeto re-open the road before Christmas.
I hope that this information is helpful.
ISLE BREWERS CHRISTMAS FAYRE
IS fast APPROACHING once again
November 22nd From Noon until 3pm
Enjoy a glass of wine
Mulled or otherwise
Hot homemade soup
Bacon butties and sausage sandwiches
Proceeds are for The Childrens'
Come and enjoy some festive spirit!
We hope you enjoy using the website and finding out a lot more about our village.
Email the editor at JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING if you don’t have a user name or password
and we will sort it out.
As requested this is confirmation re new PCSOs in your area Elaine Cave 07825756288 also Malissa Thompson 07825103317
This change took effect from 1st August 2014.
Please feel free to make contact with them
Barrie Knowles 71183 Somerton Police Station (police volunteer)